Muhammad Gavin Arisatyawan
Corelation Between Sugar Factory, Automotive Industry,Oil and Gas Company
My name is Muhammad Gavin Arisatyawan from ECS 2 class, so i would like to conclude how is the correlation between sugar factory, automotive industry, oil and gas company. This summary is come from Chat GPT. Command: Correlation between sugar factory, automotive industry, oil and gas company
So basicly there is 3 points which is:
1.Sugar factories and the automotive industry:
One possible correlation between these industries is the use of sugar-based biofuels as an alternative to petroleum-based fuels. The automotive industry is a major consumer of liquid fuels, and some automakers are exploring the use of biofuels like ethanol, which can be produced from sugarcane. Sugar factories could play a role in producing biofuels and supplying them to the automotive industry, although this would depend on various factors such as government policies, market demand, and the availability of other feedstocks.
2.Sugar factories and oil and gas companies:
There may be some competition between sugar factories and oil and gas companies for land and resources, as both industries require large amounts of land and water. In some regions, oil and gas companies may also be involved in sugarcane cultivation and ethanol production, which could create some overlap between the two industries. Additionally, some oil and gas companies may be investing in renewable energy, including biofuels, which could create opportunities for collaboration with sugar factories.
3.Automotive industry and oil and gas companies:
The automotive industry is heavily dependent on oil and gas for transportation fuels, as well as for plastics and other materials. Therefore, changes in the oil and gas market, such as price fluctuations or supply disruptions, can have a significant impact on the automotive industry. In addition, the
two industries may collaborate on research and development of new technologies, such as electric vehicles or fuel cells, which could reduce the automotive industry's reliance on traditional fossil fuels.
From my perspective for this summary, while there may not be a direct correlation between sugar factories, the automotive industry, and oil and gas companies, there are some indirect relationships and potential collaborations between these industries.
Wassalamualaikum, wr wb
Class Resume 24/2/2023
Assalamualaikum wr wb
So from today classes, i get a few things: 1. Learning ICE Engine with open modelica
2. input from ICE engine: Fuel, udara
3. Output from ICE engine: flue gas
4. There is some paramaters to operate the ICE engine simulation in Open Modelica
5. Always stay consciouss, where ever we are
Topic : Gasification with Internal Combustion Engine Application
So basicly i would like to choose this topic is because currently im doing my Final Project in the Gasification Laboratory. And this topic will be a challange for me to do another research about the Internal Combustion Engine in Gasification. Biomass is considered to be one of the renewable energy sources with high potential to contribute to the world's energy need. The use of biomass can provide a more positive solution-a renewable source of energy services, including heat, electrical energy, and transportation fuels, which can reduce CO2 emissions, sulphur and heavy metals in the atmosphere, while potentially improving rural income and energy security through the substitution of coal, oil and natural gas.
The engine used in this gasifier is the Mitsubishi 4D31 Engine. It is a 1996 Colt Diesel 100 PS engine which has been modified by having 4 pistons which can operate using 2 fuels, namely synthetic gas and benzol for startup.From the gasification process, we can obtained a syngas which is used for generate the engine. So for this project i will see how was the syngas effiency to operating the engine.
Class Resume 28/2/2023
This is some of point what i get from today classes
1. The definition of pyrolisis and what the product of pyrolisis
2. The differences between pyrolisis and ICE engine
3. Giving an example of pyrolisis phenomena with burning a paper
4. The problem of waste treatment in Indonesia. It happen mostly because the people awareness to waste treatment in Indonesia is still low.
I also ask to chat GPT whas is the explaination about the differences of pyrolisis and ICE Engine:
Pyrolysis and ICE (Internal Combustion Engine) are two different processes used in energy production. Here are the main differences between them:
1. Definition: Pyrolysis is a process of breaking down organic materials (such as wood, biomass, or plastics) at high temperatures in the absence of oxygen to produce a range of products, including bio-oil, biochar, and gases. ICE engines, on the other hand, are mechanical devices that convert the energy produced by burning a fuel (such as gasoline, diesel, or natural gas) into motion, which can be used to power vehicles, machinery, or generators.
2. Purpose: Pyrolysis is primarily used to produce biofuels and other renewable energy products from biomass, which can be used as an alternative to fossil fuels. ICE engines, on the other hand, are used in a wide range of applications, including transportation, power generation, and industrial processes.
3. Efficiency: Pyrolysis is generally considered to be a relatively inefficient process, as a significant amount of the energy produced by the organic material is lost as heat. ICE engines are more efficient, with some engines achieving efficiencies of up to 50%. Environmental Impact: Pyrolysis can have a positive environmental impact by providing a way to convert biomass waste into useful products, reducing the amount of waste sent to landfills and reducing greenhouse gas emissions. ICE engines, on the other hand, produce emissions that contribute to air pollution and climate change.
4. Scale: Pyrolysis is generally a small-scale process, used to produce biofuels for local use. ICE engines can be used on a small scale (e.g. in lawnmowers or generators) or on a large scale (e.g. in power plants or shipping vessels). In summary, pyrolysis and ICE engines are two different processes used for energy production, with different purposes, efficiencies, environmental impacts, and scales of use.
Class Resume 7/3/2023
Today classes will be lead by Prof Adi, since Pak Dai still sick.So i would like to make some point to conclude what i learned
1. Desalination : sea water purification. Nowadays water is being discussed because lot of sector is using it , ex : industrial, people. Problem that often occur in Indonesia is people neglect the water waste management. There is 2 method to obtain drinking water , the first one fitration and the second one graphene.
To knowing more about graphene, i ask ChatGPT about what is grahene in water desalination.
Graphene is a highly promising material for water desalination due to its unique combination of properties. Graphene is a two-dimensional sheet of carbon atoms arranged in a hexagonal lattice structure. It is incredibly strong, flexible, and lightweight, while also being highly conductive and having a large surface area.
When used in water desalination, graphene can act as a highly effective filter for removing salt and other impurities from seawater. The large surface area of graphene provides a high capacity for adsorption of salts and other contaminants, while its high conductivity allows for efficient ion transport across the surface.
One potential method for using graphene in water desalination is through the development of graphene-based membranes. These membranes would consist of a thin layer of graphene or graphene oxide, which would allow water to pass through while blocking salt and other impurities. The highly porous nature of graphene also allows for the creation of channels or pores of precise size, which could be tailored to selectively filter out specific contaminants.
Overall, the unique properties of graphene make it a highly promising material for water desalination, with the potential to significantly improve the efficiency and cost-effectiveness of this important process.
2. Biomass :Organic waste. the combustion product from biomass is biochar and charcoal.
3. Pyrolisis: Pyrolysis is a chemical reaction that occurs when organic materials are heated in the absence of oxygen or air. It is a process that breaks down complex molecules into simpler ones through the application of heat.
4. Drying: drying in biomass gives some advantage such as
Improved efficiency in combustion: Biomass contains moisture, and burning wet biomass produces a lot of smoke, which lowers combustion efficiency. Drying the biomass reduces its moisture content, increasing combustion efficiency, and reducing emissions.
Better quality feedstock: Drying biomass can improve its quality as a feedstock for various processes, such as gasification or fermentation, by reducing contaminants and improving consistency.
WorkShop Visit 9/3/2023
Assalamualaikum Wr,wb. On friday 9th of march our class is visiting CCIT Workshop located in kukusan street.We were introduced some mechanical devices that were made from Mr DAI. We got explaination from mr Tanwir about MRPP project which is a vehicle powered by biomass fuel.
So basicly A mobile refinery is a portable oil refinery that can be transported to different locations to process crude oil into refined products, such as gasoline, diesel, and jet fuel. These refineries are often used in remote areas where it is not feasible to build a permanent refinery or in disaster areas where infrastructure has been damaged.
Mobile refineries are typically housed in shipping containers or trailers and can be transported by truck, rail, or ship. They can process a wide range of crude oils and can be configured to produce different grades of refined products based on local demand.
On the other hand, a power plant vehicle is a mobile electricity generation unit that can be used to provide temporary or emergency power to remote or disaster-stricken areas. These vehicles typically have generators and fuel tanks mounted on a trailer or truck chassis and can be quickly deployed to provide power to areas that have lost access to the electrical grid.
Power plant vehicles are used in a variety of applications, including disaster relief, construction sites, and outdoor events. They can be powered by a variety of fuels, including diesel, natural gas, and propane, and can generate electricity in a range of sizes, from a few kilowatts to several megawatts.
We also got some workshop tour and it was very great experience for us. Wassalamualaikum wr,wb
So for the final project on the energy conversion system 2 will be an electrolysis, Our Classmates Rasen is providing us to borrowing and explain his machine. The variety of the plat can be used to perform H20 to Hydrogen, For this project, Mr Dai told us to make a variety of the length and width of the plat. Which is cant be same for each students in the class. I am going to use Alumunium (Al1100) with a width of 3 mm and 20x20 cm. For now i am still processing to buying the plat, because there is a problem with the seller.
QUIZ 1 17/3/2023
QUIZ 2 28/3/2023
This is my final project link: https://univindonesia-my.sharepoint.com/:w:/g/personal/muhammad_gavin_office_ui_ac_id/EVhIlmnVzMFDjdoRUfuJ3p4BsBs34eByKZ5J0bQ_K_2XpQ?e=EMVfIb