ANALYSIS OF RENEWABLE-ENERGY SOURCES FOR ELECTRICITY GENERATION SYSTEM IN JAWA-BALI
TABLE OF CONTENT
CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION
- 1.1 Background
- 1.2 Report Objectives
- 1.3 Scope of the Report
- 1.4 Date and Place of the On Job Training
- 1.5 Report Outline
CHAPTER II COMPANY PROFILE
- 2.1 About PT. PLN (Persero)
- 2.1.1 Company Logo
- 2.1.2 COmpany's Vision and Mission
- 2.1.3 COmpany's Value
- 2.2 PT. PLN (Persero) UIP2B
CHAPTER III BASIC THEORY
- 3.1 Renewable Energy Definition
- 3.2 Renewable Energy Sources in Indonesia
- 3.2.1 Hydropower
- 3.2.2 Wind
- 3.2.3 Solar
- 3.2.4 Biofuel and Waste
- 3.3.Renewable Power Plant in Indonesia
- 3.3.1 PLTA (Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Air)
- 3.3.2 PLTB (Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Bayu)
- 3.3.1 PLTS (Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Surya)
- 3.3.1 PLTBg (Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Biogas)
- 3.3.1 PLTBm (Pembangkit Listrik Tenaga Biomassa)
CHAPTER IV DATA COMPILATION
- 4.1 2017 National Energy Plan (RUEN)
- 4.2 2019-2038 National Electricity Plan (RUKN)
- 4.3 2019-2029 Electricity Supply Business Plan (RUPTL)
- 4.4 2019 Java-Bali System Operation Evaluation (EOT 2019 PT. PLN UIP2B)
CHAPTER V DATA ANALYSIS
- 5.1 Data Analysis
CHAPTER VI CONCLUSION
- 6.1 Conclusions
- 6.2 Internship Result
CHAPTER I INTRODUCTION
Renewable energy is an energy that comes from renewable resources, meaning that nature will naturally restock the resources by itself. For example renewable resources are sunlight, wind, rain, tides, waves, geothermal heat, and etc. There are already important energy sectors that use renewable energy resources to provide energy, one of them is the electricity power generation sector.
1.2. Report Objectives
The main objective is to provide a collection and summary about the data of PT.PLN UIP2B renewable-energy sources in the electricity generating system in Jawa-Bali. In addition, there are other objectives that are mainly for administrative purposes. They are as follows:
For the Internship Student
- To fulfill the requirement of Bachelor’s Degree in the University of Indonesia
- To add the insight and get an experience of the work-life in engineering field
- To study and be familiar about Renewable-Energy.
- To oversee the link and match between the practical work and the theoretical work
For the Company (PT. PLN UIP2B) in this case
- To create a good relationship with the education institutes.
- To improve the productivity of the company by having interns.
- To prepare for the next generation of engineers who understand about Renewable-Energy sources for electricity generating systems.
1.3. Scope of the Report
This report provides a collection and summary of PT. PLN UIP2B renewable-energy sources for electricity generating systems. The report will include data from the 2019-2029 Electricity Supply Business Plan (RUPTL), PT PLN (Persero), 2017 National Energy Plan (RUEN), Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM), 2019-2038 National Electricity Plan (RUKN), Ministry of Energy and Mineral Resources (ESDM), and also from the 2019 year evaluation report from PT. PLN UIP2B.
1.4 Internship Time and Location
The internship was conducted in PT. PLN (Persero) Unit Induk Pusat Pengatur Beban (UIP2B) Jl. JCC, Gandul , Cinere, Kota Depok, Jawa Barat. The duration of the internship is from August 3rd 2020 to September 30th 2020. However, due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the internship was mainly conducted as a work from home project with zoom call meetings and discussion at usual working hours from monday to friday.
1.5 Report Structure
The structure of this report is to follow the standard of the internship report set by the University. Chapter One : Provides the introduction of the work. It includes the background and the objective of the report. Chapter Two : Overviews the company profile -- PT. PLN UIP2B. Chapter Three : Gives the basic theories about renewable energy and renewable energy power plants. Chapter Four : Provides the collected data. Chapter Five : Provides the Analysis of the data and the comparison between the renewable energy power plants to non renewable energy power plants. Chapter Six : Conclusions and internship results are stated in.